Tuesday 27 December 2011

7 wonders

today I promised myself not to be surprised. And partly I managed to do this. 
My mouth does not become an "0" anymore when I get my food served on a banana leaf. One Indian guy told me, it gives food more passion.
Oh yes, my Friend, I eat here with passion. 

I am not surprised anymore that Christmas here is not not white and that Santa walks in shorts.

My friend, I even got used to the fact that Rain has a watch here and comes every day very punctual between 2 and 3 pm.

But I cannot hide my excitement when people treat me as a wonder. I just cannot accept that. I was told at school, that there are 7 wonders of the world:  

1. great pyramid of Giza
2. hanging gardens of Babylon
3. statue of Zeus at Olympia
4. Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
5. Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
6. Collossus of Rhodes
7. Lighthouse of Alexandria
I tell you, my history teacher never mentioned that a human being is one of them. Maybe our books were simply too old.
I will be honest with you and tell you a secret - I never trusted these books. These black letters' misery was never my thing, I prefer pictures. 

And here I picture everything. Mostly faces. And later I read them before I feel asleep. 
They talk happiness to me. They talk trust. And from the corners of their smiling lips you can tell that it is real.

You are a wonder. 

They catch you as a wonder and do not want to let you go. And this, my Friend, keeps me surprised. Every breath I take, I cannot fight it.
I feel a wonder like everyone else here.

Definitely will make some phone calls to my history teacher. 
Someone has to rewrite the history of 7 wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment